Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Memorable Day

I completed my 31 years of existence on our beloved planet on 29th of August. I can surely rate it as one of the most memorable days of my life. It reassured me that I still have lots of thoughtful friends and I am after all not some irresponsible recluse that I was imagining myself to be. It was truly heartwarming to accept wishes from so many people, especially since it was happening for the first time with me. For at least a day I felt as though I am the most important person in the whole world. Of course there were many gifts too. To me, they are all priceless. I will guard it with my life for the rest of my existence here. I had been a little cynical about celebrating these special days.. father's day, mother's day, lover's day, birth day... Money spinning inventions of gifts and greeting cards mafia. But that day I realised that even if some intelligent entrepreneur makes a killing every time somebody celebrates a special day, it doesn't really matter. The amount of boost in morale, the extent of spread of infectious good will and the motivation to be good and do good and the feeling of being wanted and loved that the recepient feels during the celebration of his or her special day justifies every penny spent. It's an amazing feeling, trust me.

No comments: